Intergenerational Women’s Journey
Three days in the forest
Southern Colorado, on the Rio Blanco next to the San Juan National Forest
2019 dates TBD
Sliding scale of $175-$450 per person Register Now
“And then the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to bloom.” Anais Nin
How is your joy meter these days? Are you feeling wholeheartedly engaged with purpose and meaning in your life? Are your personal relationships, professional life and other commitments nourishing you as fully as you desire? Are your body and soul holding up to the pressures and demands daily living imposes?
Imagine what might shift if you claimed the time and space to reconnect to your soul, recharge your spirit and vitalize your choices and priorities in life? We invite you to give yourself the gift of a long weekend of renewal and reflection in the enchanting natural beauty of the San Juan National Forest in Colorado. Who doesn’t desire time in nature, by a river, in the mountains, feeling the gentle breeze?
Together, with a group of incredible women, we will intentionally co-create a sacred space to inspire your mind, body, soul and spirit. You’ll explore through both group and individual experience how to sustainably nourish your innate “spirit of resiliency.” We will also look to both indigenous ceremony and mother nature to guide and deepen our experience. Time together, spent hiking and exploring the ecology of our environment, will sharpen your senses and allow nature to be an ongoing teacher, even when you’re back home. Spending time with the ranch’s seven llamas will also serve to relax us. We welcome women of all ages to join!
What you’ll gain:
- A deep sense of relaxation and renewal.
- New perspectives on key areas of focus in your life and skills for sharpening your attention on them — now and well into the future.
- An ability to live more creatively (being better able to create the life you desire)
- A stronger connection to nature and the four elements — water, air, fire and earth — as vital forces living within and worthy of nourishing relationships with.
- Insight into the power of working with spirit animals as allies for your journey.
- An ecological lens on self-care, with a greater sense from science of how we are more like the forest than not.
- A deepening of your own mindfulness, meditation, or other supportive self-care practices.
Our itinerary for the Women’s Journey:
- Friday, July 27: morning departure from Santa Fe; set-up camp and explore the area; commune with the llamas and play in the river; evening talking circle, star-gazing and/or night hike
- Saturday July 28: after a delicious breakfast we’ll hike to Opal Lake, an alpine lake set in an aspen meadow, where we’ll have lunch and enjoy a few hours of solo time by the water or in the forest; evening circle with oracle and animal medicine card readings; enjoy the night sky knowing you are held by the earth
- Sunday, July 29: enjoy a relaxing morning by (or in!) the river; closing circle and remembrance ceremony; return to Santa Fe by late afternoon
- A note on timing: we’re envisioning that some people may want to start early and go up Thursday evening, while others may not be able to come up until Friday dinner. Either is okay, we’re keeping it flexible so it works for everyone.
The location: we will be hosted on private land outside of Pagosa Springs, CO, bordering the Rio Blanco on one side and the San Juan National Forest on the other. Our hosts have lovingly spent years creating a nurturing campground, complete with a kitchen, shower, composting toilet and teepees with beds and a wood stove for anyone not wanting to tent camp (note there is a surcharge of $50pp for the teepee).
Two Bonuses! Once you sign up for this journey we’ll send you a pre-journey email with suggested readings and thought-provoking questions to get you ready for our time together. You’ll also then be able to join our past-participant video calls to welcome in each season. These are beautiful opportunities to reconnect to the wellspring of aliveness that exists in each of us, but often gets covered up with our day-to-day activities.
To register, please either contact us at email@example.com or click here to register online. For more details about the journeys, check out our FAQs. We do have a handful of scholarships for every journey so if cost is an issue please don’t let it get in the way of joining us. You can also download our Journey Release Form and then you’ll be all set!
“The journey was a valuable tool in bringing confidence to all aspects of my life. The group focused on the connectivity of all things around us and was a safe place for everyone to share.” Erica J.
A portion of your fees go to support Lead Feather’s programs for Native American youth, helping them connect deeply to Mother Earth. Interested in helping more? Learn how.