Intergenerational Women’s Journey
Four days in the forest, including an optional 24-hour solo
Santa Fe and Northern New Mexico
July 26-29, 2018
$400 per person of $600 per family Register Now
“And then the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk to bloom.” Anais Nin
How is your joy meter these days? Are you feeling wholeheartedly engaged with purpose and meaning in your life? Are your personal relationships, professional life and other commitments nourishing you as fully as you desire? Are your body and soul holding up to the pressures and demands daily living imposes?
Imagine what might shift if you claimed the time and space to reconnect to your soul, recharge your spirit and vitalize your choices and priorities in life? We invite you to give yourself the gift of four days of renewal and reflection in the enchanting natural beauty of Santa Fe and Northern New Mexico.
Together, with a group of incredible women, we will intentionally co-create a sacred space to inspire your mind, body, soul and spirit. You’ll explore through both group and individual experience how to sustainably nourish your innate “spirit of resiliency.” We will also look to both indigenous ceremony and mother nature to guide and deepen our experience. Time together, spent hiking and exploring the ecology of our environment, will sharpen your senses and allow nature to be an ongoing teacher, even when you’re back home. We welcome women of all ages to join us!
At the heart of the journey is an optional 24 hours of alone time at a site and level-of-challenge of your choosing— close by our base camp or further away. Last year we did an afternoon solo and many of the young women asked if we could support them in an overnight solo . So for this year, we’ll include the option of an overnight solo for anyone who wishes. And not everyone chooses to do the solo, so if you prefer to be in base camp we’ll create space for a wonderful experience there as well.
This very personal women’s journey will help you envision and reflect on how to bring your unique gifts into the world. You will be professionally supported as your hosts “hold space” during your solo experience for safety and well-being, teaching beforehand the camping skills required as well as providing optional structured exercises for deepening your explorations into life.
What you’ll gain:
- New perspectives on key areas of focus in your life and skills for sharpening your attention on them — now and well into the future.
- Confidence to do things you hadn’t imagined you would!
- An ability to live more creatively (not artistically per se, but being able to create the life you desire)
- A stronger connection to nature and the four elements — water, air, fire and earth — as vital forces living within and worthy of nourishing relationships with.
- Insight into the power of working with spirit animals as allies for your journey.
- An ecological lens on self-care, with a greater sense from science of how we are more like the forest than not.
- A deepening of your own mindfulness, meditation, or other supportive self-care practices.
Our itinerary for the Women’s Journey:
- Arrival the evening before the journey: arrive in Santa Fe, gather for dinner as a group
- Thursday, July 26: morning departure; an eco-hike on one of many beautiful trails near our base camp; set-up camp and explore the area for solo sites; evening talking circle and star-gazing
- Friday, July 27: group and one-on-one conversations to prepare for the solo; hike to solo site and begin a delicious 24-hours on your own; enjoy the night sky knowing you are held by the earth
- Saturday July 28: return to base camp and share stories; hike in the beauty of mother nature; evening talking circle with possible night hike
- Sunday, July 29: closing circle and remembrance ceremony; return to Santa Fe or Albuquerque by early afternoon
Three Bonuses! Once you sign up for this journey we’ll send you a pre-journey email with suggested readings and thought-provoking questions to get you ready for our time together. A month or two after the journey we’ll gather together in an online video call to remember our experiences in nature. You’ll also then be able to join our past-participant video calls to welcome in each season. These are beautiful opportunities to reconnect to the wellspring of aliveness that exists in each of us, but often gets covered up with our day-to-day activities.
To register, please either contact us at email@example.com or click here to register online. For more details about the journeys, check out our FAQs. We do have a handful of scholarships for every journey so if cost is an issue please don’t let it get in the way of joining us. You can also download our Journey Release Form and then you’ll be all set! Co-hosted by Lead Feather and the Wild Resiliency Institute.
“The journey was a valuable tool in bringing confidence to all aspects of my life. The group focused on the connectivity of all things around us and was a safe place for everyone to share.” Erica J.
A portion of your fees go to support Lead Feather’s programs for Native American youth, helping them connect deeply to Mother Earth. Interested in helping more? Learn how.