Vision Quest: a Culmination of Walking the Shaman’s Path
A Vision Quest in nature, including a four-day personal supported solo
2019 dates TBD
$695 per person Register Now
“The clearest way into the Universe is through [the] wilderness.” John Muir, environmentalist
We warmly invite current students of Patricia White Buffalo’s New Mexico program to join us in a culminating initiatory experience. Traditionally called a vision quest, this is a four-day solo in nature where you are supported by professional wilderness guides, each also a student of shamanic traditions and practices. Such vision quests are a time-honored tradition of many indigenous cultures used to mark an important a rite of passage. As you graduate from Patricia’s shamanic training program, we are honored to be asked to join Bob Calhoun in offering this sacred experience.
For our base camp, we’ll stay on private land owned by friends of Larry and Cheryl. On The Ojo is 120+ acres of cottonwoods, the winding Rio Ojo, and grassy meadows, right next to the spaciousness of undeveloped BLM land as far as the eye can see. We’ll be the only people there and can enjoy the tepee, yurt, labyrinth and fully-functioning kitchen. Outdoor showers and composting toilets round out the supportive environment of this beautiful natural setting. And being there in the fall we’ll likely get to enjoy the turning of the cottonwood trees.
What you’ll gain:
- Clarity on your life’s purpose
- Experience of becoming one with nature, sharing in her gifts
- Confidence to do things you hadn’t imagined you could
- A stronger connection to nature and the four elements — water, air, fire and earth — as vital forces living within and worthy of nourishing relationships with
- Insight into the power of working with spirit animals as allies for your journey
- An ecological lens on the self, with a greater sense of how we are more like the forest or desert than not.
- New perspectives on key areas of focus in your life
- A deepening of your own mindfulness, meditation, or other supportive self-care practices
Our itinerary for the Vision Quest:
- Saturday, October 13: meet in Santa Fe for a morning departure; arrive at campsite in Ojo Caliente to set up camp; find personal Vision Quest spot; ceremonies to prepare for the quest
- Sunday, October 14: questers depart in morning with drumming and smudging
- Monday, October 15: day 2 of quest
- Tuesday, October 16: day 3 of quest
- Wednesday, October 17: questers return with drumming and smudging; sacred circle to share experiences; a celebratory meal and optional evening visit to the famed Ojo Caliente Hot Springs for soaking and star-gazing
- Thursday, October 18: closing circle and remembrance ceremony; gratitude to the spirits of the land; return to Santa Fe by noon
To register, please either contact us at email@example.com or click here to register online. You can also download our Journey Release Form and then you’ll be all set! Co-hosted by Lead Feather (a non-profit) and the Wild Resiliency Institute.
“If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself. If you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation.” Lao Tzu
A portion of your fees go to support Lead Feather’s programs for Native American youth, helping them connect deeply to Mother Earth. Interested in helping more? Learn how.