Vision Quest: Walking the Path of Transformation
A Vision Quest in nature, including a four-day supported personal solo
Spring 2020, dates TBD, please contact us with any requests
$695 per person Register Now
“The clearest way into the Universe is through [the] wilderness.” John Muir, environmentalist
We warmly invite you to join us for a vision quest, a powerful initiation supported by nature. Our experienced wilderness guides, each also a student of shamanic traditions and practices, will support your experience through ceremony, conversation and prayer. Such vision quests are a time-honored tradition of many indigenous cultures used to mark an important rite of passage. Whether you’re going through a transition in your life or are looking for a vision to guide your next phase, a vision quest can be incredibly helpful. We welcome students and graduates of of Patricia White Buffalo’s shamanic program along with others interested in experiencing profound transformation.
For our base camp, we’ll stay on private land owned by friends of Larry and Cheryl. On The Ojo is 120+ acres of cottonwoods, the winding Rio Ojo, and grassy meadows, right next to the spaciousness of undeveloped BLM land as far as the eye can see. We’ll be the only people there and can enjoy the tepee, yurt, labyrinth and fully-functioning kitchen. Outdoor showers and composting toilets round out the supportive environment of this beautiful natural setting. And being there in the spring we’ll get to enjoy the leafing out of the cottonwood trees. Note that the location may change based on availability during the dates selected. We have multiple options throughout New Mexico that provide the same type of sacred space and privacy, so wherever we land, the experience will be rich and deep.
What you’ll gain:
- Clarity on your life’s purpose
- Experience of becoming one with nature, sharing in her gifts
- Confidence to do things you hadn’t imagined you could
- A stronger connection to nature and the four elements — water, air, fire and earth — as vital forces living within and worthy of nourishing relationships with
- Insight into the power of working with spirit animals as allies for your journey
- An ecological lens on the self, with a greater sense of how we are more like the forest or desert than not.
- New perspectives on key areas of focus in your life
- A deepening of your own mindfulness, meditation, or other supportive self-care practices
Our itinerary for the Vision Quest:
- Day 1: meet in Santa Fe or Albuquerque for a noon departure; arrive at campsite to set up camp;
- Day 2: find personal Vision Quest spot; ceremonies to prepare for the quest
- Day 3: questers depart in morning with drumming and smudging
- Day 4: questing
- Day 5: questing
- Day 6: questers return with drumming and smudging; sacred circle to share experiences; a celebratory meal
- Day 7: closing circle and remembrance ceremony; gratitude to the spirits of the land; return to Santa Fe or Albuquerque by early afternoon
- If you don’t live locally, consider arriving in Santa Fe a day early to help adjust to the altitude.
To register, please either contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to register online. You can also download our Journey Release Form and then you’ll be all set! Co-hosted by Lead Feather (a non-profit) and the Wild Resiliency Institute.
“If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself. If you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is dark and negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation.” Lao Tzu
A portion of your fees go to support Lead Feather’s programs for Native American youth, helping them connect deeply to Mother Earth. Interested in helping more? Learn how.