Inspired by Nature: A Journey into Creativity
Four days immersed in art and nature, light and darkness
Santa Fe and the surrounding National Forest
Northern New Mexico
2019 dates TBD
$895 per person Register Now
“Being in the expansive landscape of Santa Fe and northern New Mexico really opened up my creative thinking. During each journey I went on, the deeply inspiring nature, together with the guided reflections, gave me a renewed focus on how to live my life more fully.” Melinda C.
Have you unleashed the natural creativity inside you to lead a more passionate and purposeful life? Lead Feather invites you to inspire your fullest creative self on a 4 day journey immersed in the nature and artistry of northern New Mexico. This is a fantastic journey for those seeking inspiration in any area of life — relationships, health, money, work. We’ll look at how we can each tap into our innate creativity to bring greater ease and excitement to our lives, investigating our curiosity, how we “show up” in the world, mindfulness, the willingness to see the world with a new lens…all things when practiced can lead to greater creativity.
We’ll also see first-hand how iconic creators, such as Georgia O’Keeffe, Ra Paulette and local artist Stephen Auger, use nature to expand their perspective and choices. Through guided activities, you’ll spend time exploring your own creative strengths and how they enhance your life and work.
During the journey, you’ll have ample time for inspiration in nature—hiking along trails, sitting by the river, listening to the breeze moving through the cottonwoods, walking the labyrinth, gazing at the night sky. The “soft camping” aspect of the journey puts you close to nature, yet with the comforts of heated showers and full kitchen.
- Day 1: gather in Santa Fe in the early evening for a dinner of classic New Mexican cuisine to meet each other and set our intentions for our time together.
- Day 2: meet in the morning at the studio of Santa Fe artist Stephen Auger where we’ll see first-hand how nature has influenced his art. In the afternoon we’ll head up into the Sangre de Cristo mountains to hike our favorite local trail. We’ll spend time at the medicine wheel at the top, with time for conversation around creativity and nature as well as solo reflection. Our dinner and evening will be in Santa Fe, either at the Canyon Road galleries or at a private home.
- Day 3: head out of Santa Fe early and spend the morning hiking the spectacular Kitchen Mesa trail at Ghost Ranch — gorgeous landscape that inspired many before us; reach our “home” at On The Ojo and set up camp; enjoy “solo” afternoons on the land for journaling, hiking, meditating — spending time in nature on our own. After an early dinner, we’ll experience the famed Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs for a few hours of soaking.
- Day 4: visit the “White Place,” where Georgia O’Keeffe painted many of her iconic landscapes; after lunch head to Origin at Rancho de San Juan for a private tour of Ra Paulette’s Windows of the Earth cave sanctuary; have time for solo contemplation in the cave or in the landscape surrounding it before heading back to On The Ojo for dinner. Close the evening with an Ojibwa talking circle.
- Day 5: we will have time to say goodbye to the land before we pack up and head back to Santa Fe and beyond.
Lodging will be in Santa Fe for the first two nights (not included in the journey cost) and camping at On The Ojo for the third and fourth nights (cost included).
Three Bonuses! Once you sign up for this journey we’ll send you a pre-journey email with suggested readings and thought-provoking questions to get you ready for our time together. And a month or two after the journey we’ll gather together in an online video call to remember our experiences in nature. You’ll also then be able to join our past-participant video calls to welcome in each season. These are beautiful opportunities to reconnect to the wellspring of aliveness that exists in each of us, but often gets covered up with our day-to-day activities. To register, please either contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to register online. You can also download our Journey Release Form and then you’ll be all set!
Co-hosted by Lead Feather, the Wild Resiliency Institute and Origin at Rancho de San Juan. For more details about the journeys, check out our FAQs. As with all of our journeys, scholarships are available so if cost is an issue please don’t let it get in the way of joining us.
And for one of our favorite videos, check out Brene Brown’s TEDx talk on creativity and vulnerability. She is incredible at identifying the underlying sources of our challenges…and this one is no different.
A portion of your fees go to support Lead Feather’s programs for Native American youth, helping them connect deeply to Mother Earth. Interested in helping more? Learn how.