Inspired by Nature: A Journey into Play and Creativity
Four days immersed in art and nature, light and darkness
Ojo Caliente and Georgia O’Keeffe territory
Northern New Mexico
October 15-19, 2020
$895 per person Register Now
Co-hosted by Lead Feather and Wild Resiliency Awakening
“Being in the expansive landscape of Santa Fe and northern New Mexico really opened up my creative thinking. During each journey I went on, the deeply inspiring nature, together with the guided reflections, gave me a renewed focus on how to live my life more fully.” Melinda C.
Have you unleashed the natural creativity inside you to lead a more passionate, purposeful and playful life? Lead Feather invites you to inspire your fullest creative self on a 4 day journey immersed in nature and play in northern New Mexico. This is a fantastic journey for those seeking inspiration in any area of life — relationships, health, money, work — and seeing how we can bring more ease and excitement into our lives.
Deep play has been defined as a state of optimal creative capacity. We’ll look at how we can each tap into our innate creativity, investigating our curiosity, how we “show up” in the world, mindfulness, the willingness to see the world with a new lens…all things when practiced can lead to greater creativity. We’ll also see first-hand how iconic creators, such as Georgia O’Keeffe and Ra Paulette, used nature to expand their perspective and choices. Through guided activities, you’ll spend time exploring your own creative strengths and how they enhance your life and work.
During the journey, you’ll have ample time for inspiration in nature—hiking along trails, sitting by the river, listening to the breeze moving through the cottonwoods, walking the labyrinth, gazing at the night sky. The “soft camping” aspect of the journey puts you close to nature, yet with the comforts of heated showers and a full kitchen.
- Day 1: arrive in Ojo Caliente in late afternoon to settle into our home for the journey, enjoy a delicious dinner and set our intentions for our time together.
- Day 2: Spend the morning getting to know the land, experiencing the labyrinth, the teepee or a sit spot in the “badlands,” with time for conversation around creativity and nature. After lunch, we’ll head to Ghost Ranch to hike to Kitchen Mesa or Chimney Rock, and experience the same landscape that inspired Georgia O’Keeffe years ago. We’ll have an evening talking circle around the fire.
- Day 3: We’ll head out to a little known area we call the “red place,” for a 4-mile hike among the red rocks of northern NM. We’ll enjoy “solo” afternoons on the land for journaling or meditating — spending time in nature on our own. After an early dinner, we’ll experience the famed Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs for a few hours of soaking.
- Day 4: We’ll enjoy a morning of solo time on the land at On the Ojo, with more hiking options for those who wish. After lunch we’ll go to Origin at Rancho de San Juan for a private tour of Ra Paulette’s Windows of the Earth cave sanctuary; have time for solo contemplation in the cave or in the landscape surrounding it before heading back to On The Ojo for dinner. Close the evening with a ceremonial talking circle.
- Day 5: we will have time to say goodbye to the land before we pack up and head back to Santa Fe and beyond.
Lodging will be camping at On The Ojo (cost included). There is a small cabin and a large teepee on the land that people can sleep in, as well as tents. There’s also room for a small camper or two.
All meals are included and are prepared family style with help from participants each day. Every meal includes fresh, organic ingredients and we generally are able to accommodate most food allergies and preferences (e.g. vegetarian, lactose-free, gluten-free, etc.). There’s room on the registration for you to provide details about food preferences.
Three Bonuses! Once you sign up for this journey we’ll send you a pre-journey email with suggested readings and thought-provoking questions to get you ready for our time together. And a month or two after the journey we’ll gather together in an online video call to remember our experiences in nature. You’ll also then be able to join our past-participant video calls to welcome in each season. These are beautiful opportunities to reconnect to the wellspring of aliveness that exists in each of us, but often gets covered up with our day-to-day activities. To register, please either contact us at email@example.com or click here to register online. You can also download our Journey Release Form and then you’ll be all set!
Co-hosted by Lead Feather, Wild Resiliency Awakening and Origin at Rancho de San Juan. For more details about the journeys, check out our FAQs. As with all of our journeys, scholarships are available so if cost is an issue please don’t let it get in the way of joining us.
And for one of our favorite videos, check out Brene Brown’s TEDx talk on creativity and vulnerability. She is incredible at identifying the underlying sources of our challenges…and this one is no different.
A portion of your fees go to support Lead Feather’s programs for Native American youth, helping them connect deeply to Mother Earth. Interested in helping more? Learn how.