Aspens: Living Wisdom for Navigating Turbulent Times
A Day with the Aspens
Santa Fe National Forest
Northern New Mexico
2018 dates TBD
$85 per person Register Now
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” Rachel Carson, writer/environmentalist
The aspen grove, the world’s largest known individual life form, offers us a primeval and imaginative window into our own deep identity and nature, and into a dynamic vision of resilience in the face of disruption. As soul medicine for our time, aspens invite us into the vital experience and knowledge of our wholeness and joy.
- What: a retreat day with light hiking intermixed with structured exercises and personal time spent in the aspens
- Where: 1 hour from Santa Fe in the Cowles area of the Santa Fe National Forest, about 30 minutes north of the village of Pecos. We can help facilitate car-pooling for those interested.
- Who: fellow nature lovers
- When: 9:30am-4pm, Saturday September 30th
- Logistics: Maps and additional information will be provided upon registration. Plan to bring clothing, food and water for a day in the mountains.
- Investment: $85 per person includes a $35 donation or 1 year membership fee to New Mexico Wilderness Alliance
Join us for a playful day in the forest among the aspen. We’ll integrate ecology, poetry and mythology, with insights from neurobiology and eco-psychology sprinkled throughout. Throw in ancient indigenous practices for wisdom gathering and we’ll share an inspiring and provocative day of renewal.
This program is in partnership with Larry Glover and Wild Resiliency Awakening (USFS permit holder) and New Mexico Wilderness Alliance. A portion of your fees go to support NMWA’s efforts to protect New Mexico’s wild areas and to Lead Feather’s programs for Native American youth, helping them connect deeply to Mother Earth. Interested in helping more? Learn how.